The GOODS Program
will address the increased need for food and essential supplies across the globe for people and pets alike.
Our commitment to feeding homeless pets in need has never been stronger. In fact, our expanded program will reach more pets than ever, utilizing a larger Ambassador distribution network, helping more communities that need it most.
will also help families and their pets facing economic hardships, people experiencing homelessness, veterans, domestic violence survivors, and victims of disaster throughout the world.
Give a Dog a Home Rescue accepted an invitation to become an Ambassador for “
The Greater Good Charities
Our program will not only cover the state of Maine, but also surrounding states.
The Greater Good Charities
sources and manages excess, re-branded, and short-dated food and supplies from manufacturers, distributors, and retailers.
then makes these products available to qualified and approved distribution groups (Ambassadors) using a fee arrangement similar to a food bank model. That is, the goods are donated, but freight, warehouse, and program costs are met by handling
fees and donations.
Ambassadors receive shipments of humanitarian and/or animal products, typically 18-wheeltruckloads, either directly from donors through GGC management or directly from GGC. Once received, Ambassadors store, manage, and distribute the donated products to qualified organizations (Recipients) within their geographic areas.
Thanks to this partnership, we are able to bring more low-cost pet food, cat litter, pet supplies and goods that support human needs to the area, allowing animal welfare and human services organizations to stretch their dollars further and impact even more pets and people.
To participate, organizations must meet the following qualifications:
- 501(c)3, Animal Rescue Organizations (e.g., cat, dog, equine, and wildlife shelters, rescues, and sanctuaries)
- State, County, or Regional Animal Welfare Facilities; Pet Food Pantries
- Human Services Organizations; Food banks; Pet Food Pantries; Housing; Domestic Violence Shelters and Resources; Women & Children; Veterans:
- Community Resource and Outreach
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Federal Government Agencies including Veterans Affairs and Federal Emergency Management Agency
- State and Local Community Programs and Offices
- Education or Literacy
- Provide a website including the organization’s mission (Facebook is not sufficient).
- Have a profile on Guidestar https://www.guidestar.org
- If shelter; rescue or sanctuary: List adoptable pets online and spay/neuter all animals prior to adoption.
- If sanctuary; agree to a site visit.
To apply, complete the appropriate application below.
Save and email along with a copy of your IRS determination letter and other appropriate
If there is a problem with the form code, please use this link: